Sunday, January 3, 2010

Clean-Up Saturday

The first day of cleaning went pretty well.

The kid made a good first pass at cleaning her bedroom. I then worked with her and sorted through everything to get it put away.

My husband cleaned up the living room ... sorta. At least he cleaned up some of the living room. He left the table next to the laptop for me.

I spent the rest of the day working on cleaning out the kitchen and dining room. I took everything out of the china cabinet and wiped it down. I cleaned up the kid's desk, books, games. I cleaned up my pantry. I cleaned up my pot cabinet. I sorted through the things that were laying on the kitchen counter.

The hubby helped where he could. He even made the kid pick up her toys and put them away when she was done with them. Until now, that hasn't been something he's been willing to really enforce. Hopefully this trend continues.

I wish I could say I finished but I didn't. I worked from 10:00am - 6:00pm and didn't finish. My house is, was, truly a disaster. I haven't been real great at keeping it picked up for the last couple years and last month was even worse between being sick and Christmas. So, I made dinner, got the kid in for a bath, did a load of laundry, cleaned up the entryway and crashed. I did wake up in the middle of the night and cleaned off a bit of the microwave but that's about it.

I will now take the kid to breakfast, stop to pick up some organization needs, and come home to work on the house some more. I am shooting to have the house completely picked up by lunch so I can clean the floors, work on laundry and get ready to face the rat race tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment