Well, my first announcement went over like a lead balloon. Hubby and the kid were all for Clean-up Saturday but, when I mentioned that it was not just Clean-up Saturday it was also Keep-It-Clean all the time, he seemed less than thrilled. I did it as though I had been talking to the kid and he didn't seem happy. I said that I had told her "We all live in this house and so we all need to take responsibility for what we do because it's frustrating to go to do something and have to do the clean-up from the last time it was done."
Shortly after that, he came out of the bedroom and asked what I was making. Since we haven't been shopping as a couple in, oh, two months, I had 2 hamburger patties and some Kraft Mac&Cheese. He wasn't happy with that for dinner so he went for a burrito ... 45min ago. The going out for something other than what I've made for dinner is one of his regular moves ... but it's not usually a 45min trip unless he's going gambling too. Schmuck!
This is going to be rough.
Friday, January 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yikes. good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to put my menu/grocery list for the week together at the moment. Do you think he'd eat with you more if he had input to your weekly menu?
He has full input to the weekly menu. He just typically doesn't have a taste for anything so I have to pick.
ReplyDeleteSuggestion from a website ... collect your weekly grocery lists and menus to compile at the end of the month. Then you'll have a grocery list that you can check off when you need to go shopping and you can rotate your meals based on the meals you've planned.